The world awaits you! Let them know who you are & what you do.
Sol Education Abroad top 5 reasons YOU should blog:
- Refine your writing & general communication skills
- Networking – connect to individuals (colleagues, mentors, future employers, internships, etc)
- Establish your brand & enhance your name
- Increase internet visibility
- A fun way to build your credibility!
- helps increase your knowledge base
- creates potential media & PR connections
- compliments PhD or graduate school work
- helps you find your VOICE
- allows you to share words with friends, family, professors, mentors, teachers, etc.
- helps you learn (or strengthen) your knowledge of web-based tools
Examples of majors & minors that vastly benefit from keeping a student blog:
- Communication, Public Relations, or Journalism
- Marketing or Advertising
- International Business, Global Studies, or International Relations
- English, Literature, Writing & Language
Have any more ideas? Feel free to share!
BLOGGING GUIDELINES & RULES OF CONDUCT
SAFETY & WELL-BEING:
- For safety purposes, avoid using personal details like full names & addresses. This blog is open to the public. Keep yourself & others safe!
- Think before you post! Do not post anything that you do not want to be seen worldwide.
- Share your passion with excitement & details! Excite others to study abroad with SOL!
- Focus on your Study Abroad Experience with Sol Education Abroad.
- Spread the word. Tell your friends & family, & use relevant tags & links.
- Be yourself! Readers connect much better to an author with an authentic voice.
- Practice good grammar & spelling – remember a potential employer may be reading your work!
- Respect yourself (there will be no tolerance to any mention of sex-related matters or sexual innuendos).
- Respect others (posts & comments shall respect other people’s viewpoints, religions, philosophies, cultures, etc)
- Use appropriate photos & videos (anytime you use media from another source, be sure to properly cite the creator of the original work).
- Set aside at least 1-2 hours a week for your blog (if you can).
- Write as much as you want!
DEFINITELY DO NOT….
- Do not use any language that is derogatory, offensive, racist, prejudice, sexist, etc. (NO #*@%’s).
- No cursing will be tolerated.
- Language or content that promotes violence is not allowed.
- Do not plagiarize. Always properly cite someone else’s work if used.
- All users remain solely responsible for the content of their posts and comments. Although Sol Education Abroad administrators will revise & monitor the posts, Sol Education Abroad assumes no responsibility for what is said or posted.
- Sol Education Abroad administrators have the ability to edit and delete posts and comments without notification to the original author if they are not consistent with the interests of the organization or its website policies and procedures.
*By requesting to be on the SOL blog, accepting the invitation & posting, you are agreeing to comply with the Sol Education Abroad blogging guidelines. All of these requirements will have a “one strike” policy. If you do not follow the specifications above, you will be removed from the blog.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Allison at our headquarters in Austin at 512-380-1003.